Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Showering Begins













We have had 2 showers so far. Heather threw us a couples shower and my students planned a surprise shower.

The Couples Shower was a blast! We celebrated in Los Altos on February 21. It was so fun to have Brandon and the other halves of our close family and friends a part of the celebration! Everyone got a bit crazy decorating onsies, guessing how big my belly was, and pooling their money to guess the due date. Now we have a plethora of uniquely decorated onsies for Baby B.

The surprise shower in my classroom was on February 27. Boy did the kids really surprise me. My room mom got in touch with Brandon and my mom. After getting over the "surprise" being yelled at me, I noticed Brandon and mom standing in my room in the middle of that Friday! What a treat! The kids had a great time playing all sorts of games: word scramble, guess the baby food, and a memory game with baby paraphernalia. Amongst other things, they hand painted a child size rocking chair for Baby B! We will forever talk about the kids in my class the year our son was born.

No comments: